Nathan and I are similar in many ways, but when it comes to snacking we’re the complete opposite of each other. When he gets a bar of chocolate or a bag of candy or nuts, he gulps it all down in seconds, and then it’s gone. Having been together for over 7 years I’ve learned to quickly grab my share or else he will take that too and before I blink there will be nothing left for me 😛
I like to enjoy my sweets slowly, especially when it comes to chocolate. Rather than eating the whole bar in one go like him I prefer to take a small piece and really enjoy it before reaching for a new one.
This chocolate, however, is so tasty that even I found it hard to control myself. I have no idea why I don’t make it more often because it really is so simple to make. I think that will change from now on… 🙂
- 400g/14 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts (like cashews, walnuts and almonds)
- 3/4 cup dried fruits and berries (like cranberries, gojiberries and ginger)
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over boiling hot water and stir until it's completely smooth. Place a baking sheet in the bottom of a large pan and pour the chocolate on top.
- Add nuts, dried fruits and berries and place in the fridge until completely set, about 1 hour. Break into larger pieces and enjoy!