Do you sometimes get huge cravings for food you normally don’t fancy that much? For the past couple of weeks I’ve been having a “chip-craving-period”. It’s a little odd since I normally don’t crave for chips and only eat them on rare occasions. I think it was the new Ten Acres chips that started it all – they’re just so tasty!! I can’t believe the “when the cheese met the onion” flavor is vegan! 😀
Today however, my chip craving seems to have been satisfied (for now), and instead I really longed for a few coconut bars – you know, the Bounty bar style with thick coconut base covered in chocolate.
Well, these tasty coconut bars I made today have the same flavour but are FAR healthier, and super easy to make! 😀
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup agavesyrup
- 100 g dark high quality chocolate
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Mix together all the ingredients except chocolate in a bowl.
- Press the mixture into a oven form lined with parchment paper in a dense layer. Place in the freezer until the mixture is solid.
- Melt the chocolate and pour on top of the coconut base and freeze until the chocolate is solid. Cut into bars and enjoy!