Portabello mushroom has a lovely meaty texture that goes really well in all sorts of dishes, I especially love to use them in sandwiches!
This version with marinated sliced of portabello mushroom is both easy and filling and has become one of my favorite lunch meals. It’s perfect for pic nics or BBQ evenings, and although using sour dough bread is my preferred way of serving it you can use other rustic types of bread.
Hope you enjoy!
- 2 portabellos mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices of rustic sourdough bread
- 1 handful arugula
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 tbsp non-dairy cream cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Slice the mushrooms in thick slices and transfer to a bowl, peel and chop garlic and parsley and mix with olive oil. Pour the mixture over the mushrooms, cover and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Brush some olive oil over the bread slices and grill for a minute on each side. Grill the mushroom slices for 5-7 minutes (turn them over a few times) until they're soft.
- Divide half of the cream cheese over two bread slices, add arugula, mushrooms, tomato slices and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the two remaining bread slices with cream cheese, place on top, press firmly and slice in half. Enjoy!