It’s no secret that I adore asparagus. I especially love to roast them in the oven, but this time I tried to peel them with a potato peeler into thin ribbons and then dip them in some lemon juice.
Oh…my…they were so tasty! I will definitely make asparagus ribbons more often, so simple, and so pretty, don’t you think?
They would be absolutely perfect as appetizers or a snack at the party!
This time I made a vegan pesto with pumpkin seeds but sunflower seeds also work great, just make sure to take it easy with the salt since the potato slices are already a little salted. 🙂
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 small pinch salt & pepper
- ½ bunch asparagus
- lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (or sunflower seeds)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/8–1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8–1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 390F/200°C. Slice the potatoes lengthwise into three slices each. Place on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and rub the oil into the slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 25 minutes until they're soft.
- In the meantime, prepare the pesto by mixing all the ingredients except the oil in a food processor to a crumbly mixture. Be careful with the salt as the potatoes are already salted. Gradually add the oil while mixing.
- Peel the asparagus in long thin ribbles with a potato peeler and dip them in a bowl of lemon juice. Top the potatoes with pesto and arrange the asparagus ribbons on top. Serve!