The thai cuisine is incredibly veg-friendly, which is one of the reasons I return over and over to this beautiful country. I almost decided to move there and settle down completely, but after six months or so I couldn’t stand the heat any longer and started longing for a colder climate!
Of course I miss Thailand all the time and the crazy and incredible things I got to experience during my time there, but what I miss most of all is the food.
This recipe is inspired from a meal I had at one of my favorite restaurants in Chiang Mai, with cashews and pineapple.
- Rice for 4 people
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 3/4 cup pineapple chunks (fresh)
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package (use leftover rice and it will be even quicker to make this recipe!)
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Fry the onion in 2 tbsp oil on low heat until it softens. Add garlic and ginger and fry for another minute while stirring.
- Increase the heat and add bell pepper, carrots and pineapple and fry for 3 minute. Add the rice, soy sauce and cashews and stir to combine. Top with spring onions and sesame seeds and serve!
- A perfect dish for leftover rice!