I have a confession to make… I’m what you could call a bit of a sweet potato addict… I simply can’t get enough of it! If I could add some sweet potato to every meal I cook then I would, but I know that it would get a bit boring for everyone else 😛
There are so many variations you can do with sweet potato, and stuffing them with other veggies is one of the most popular. I’ve seen alot of variations for stuffed sweet potatoes on Pinterest, so I couldn’t help but to go ahead and try it myself.
The result? Wow… if you’re a fan of Mexican food and sweet potatoes, you’re going to love this recipe!
- 3 medium sized sweet poatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsk paprika
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chipotle spice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1/2 cup non dairy yoghurt
- 1 can black beans
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- Poke holes in the sweet potato with a fork and bake in the oven at 200°/390F for about one hour. A useful tip is to place some foil underneath since the potatoes will drip a little while they're roasting. Let cool and in the meantime, prepare the filling.
- Rinse and drain corn and beans and then fry in a dry skillet for a minute or so. Add spices and fry for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a bowl. Fry the onion in olive oil until it softens and then it add to the bean mixture.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh out with a spoon. Leave about 1/2 inch along the sides so it keeps its shape. Mash the sweet potato flesh and mix it with the bean mixture, non dairy yoghurt and cilantro. Fill the potatoes and serve!