Although summer has been slow here in Sweden, this week things finally changed. The weather has been lovely and perfect for picnics in the park, and what better treat to bring along than crumble bars bursting with summery berry flavors?!
Crumble pie brings back nostalgic summer memories from my childhood as that was pretty much the only thing my mother ever baked, and she tended to only bake things during summertime :P.
Blueberries are one of many ways to enjoy them, and you can of course swap them with other berries of your choice, but I love their sweet and tangy flavor.
- 1/2 cup non-dairy butter
- 1 3/4 cup oats
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or thawed)
- 1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or thawed)
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven at 170°/335F. Melt butter in a pot and set aside. Combine, oats, flour, sugar and melted butter. Set 1 cup of the mixture aside (this will be used as crumble topping for the final layer).
- Press the mixture into a greased oven form and bake for 15 minutes. Mix berries, jam and 1 tsp of flour in a bowl.
- Remove the oven form from the oven and spread the berry mixture on top of the crust. Sprinkle the crumbs that were set aside earlier and bake in the oven for another 20-25 minutes until golden. Let cool completely and cut into bars.