There are hundreds if not thousands of different veggie burgers out there that are absolutely amazing. But often they tend to require a long list of ingredients and a little more work and preparation.
Sometimes that is totally fine, but there are days when I don’t want to spend too much active time in the kitchen, and that’s when super easy but healthy recipes like this one come into the picture.
Cauliflower steaks are healthy, juicy, firm and delicious, and hardly require any effort from your side. Just slice them up, roast them and enjoy either as a burger patty or steak with a fresh salad – ENJOY!
- 2 cauliflower heads, medium sized
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 burger buns
- 1/4 cup guacamole (or mashed avocado)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Preheat the oven at 430F/220°. Remove the leaves from the cauliflower heads and trim the stem but keep the length.
- Cut the cauliflower heads in 1/2 inch thick slices (usually you get two good steaks from each cauliflower, keep the leftovers for a curry, stir-fry or other meal). Place the cauliflower slices on a baking sheet, brush with oil, add salt and pepper to taste, and roast in the oven for about 30 min until they're soft and golden. Turn them half way through.
- Spread guacamole over half the bread buns, place the cauliflower steaks on top and top with sliced red onion, tomatoes and lettuce.