Today I’m entering the 32nd week of pregnancy (yeah I know, nobody but pregnant women count their lives in weeks, but for some reason we get obsessed with it!), and I’m celebrating with one of my favourite healthy desserts: chia pudding.
Chia pudding is one of those things you either love or hate. I personally really like it, but it has to have something a little extra to make it great.
Chia seeds are a real energy booster, which I feel I’m starting to need more and more these days as I get heavier by the day.
- 1 1/2 cup frozen mango cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups coconut milk (from a can)
- 4 dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- seeds from a vanilla pod
- 4 tbsp slivered almonds
- fresh mint
- Mix mango and 1/4 of a cup of water to a thick sauce. Gradually add more water. The sauce should be thick but not completely firm. Pour it into four glasses and place in the freezer while you prepare the top layer.
- Mix coconut milk with dates in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl and add chia seeds and vanilla. Stir and let it thicken for 15 minutes to a pudding like consistency.
- Spoon out the mixture on top of the mango layer and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Garnish with almonds and mint and serve.