Chickpeas never seize to surprise me with their versatility. Not only can they be used to make creamy fillings such as dips and hummus, the brine can be used to make vegan meringues!
Chickpea flour is a popular gluten free flour that also works great as an egg replacer, and the French make a traditional type of pancake called “Socca” which is similar to an omelette, vegan style ;).
Here is my take on the dish, hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup non-dairy cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add 1 cup of water and stir until there are no floury lumps left. Add Blanda samtliga torra ingredienser i en skål. Tillsätt 2 dl vatten och rör om tills inga klumpar finns kvar. Add spring onions and chives.
- Fry spinach and musrhooms in a frying pan over medium heat in water and soy sauce for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and add cream cheese and pressed garlic.
- Fry one omelette at a time in some oil for 3 minutes on both sides. Fill them with the mushroom mixture, bell pepper and parsley and dig in!