The other day I received a box with some lovely juicy Medool dates in the mail, and after eating about half of the dates straight out of the box I had an idea of making a healthy snack with them, using my favorite ingredients chocolate and peanut butter.
These chocolate covered dates is the result, and for anyone who like me has a weakness for chocolate, peanut butter and dates, it just can’t get any better than this.
They’re super easy to make and require only three ingredients if you omit the topping), which makes now makes them some of my favorite healthy snacks to make for morning- or afternoon tea.
- 7 medjool dates
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 7 tsp peanut butter of your choice
- shredded coconut for topping, optional
- Make a slit lengthwise in each date, and remove the pit. Fill each date with a heaping teaspoon of peanut butter. Transfer the dates to a plate and place in the fridge while you melt the chocolate.
- Chop the chocolate finely and melt ⅓ of it in a water bath. Remove from heat, let cool a little and then add the remaining chocolate. Stir and let cool a bit more.
- Dip the dates in the melted chocolate and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with some shredded coconut and let set in the fridge. Enjoy!