Tanzania Flag Meaning, Costco Kamloops Hours For Seniors, Vizio 65 Inch Tv V-series, North Light Art Instruction Books, Straight Arm Rope Pulldown, Vizio 65 Inch Tv V-series, How To Make A Woven Newspaper Basket, " /> bell canoe works yellowstone Tanzania Flag Meaning, Costco Kamloops Hours For Seniors, Vizio 65 Inch Tv V-series, North Light Art Instruction Books, Straight Arm Rope Pulldown, Vizio 65 Inch Tv V-series, How To Make A Woven Newspaper Basket, " /> Tanzania Flag Meaning, Costco Kamloops Hours For Seniors, Vizio 65 Inch Tv V-series, North Light Art Instruction Books, Straight Arm Rope Pulldown, Vizio 65 Inch Tv V-series, How To Make A Woven Newspaper Basket, " /> Tanzania Flag Meaning, Costco Kamloops Hours For Seniors, Vizio 65 Inch Tv V-series, North Light Art Instruction Books, Straight Arm Rope Pulldown, Vizio 65 Inch Tv V-series, How To Make A Woven Newspaper Basket, " />

About me

My Cookbook

Instagram

logo
Personal

bell canoe works yellowstone

Short folks have a hard time getting a vertical paddle plant, unless the short folk have very long arms. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled. Consider the Adirondack, Aurora, or Spirit II from Wenonah. And it should be a much better fit for your described usage than the Northwind. Bell says Cliff Jacobson had some input on the design…To me that transfers to a good safe load hauling tripper with lots of wilderness river capabilities thrown in too. Light weight for the many portages here and roylex for the rapids, fast enough to keep up on the lakes, it will carry enough gear for a week easily, maybe two (I travel light) but be fun on twisty streams and in beaver ponds. I am looking to buy a rather versatile canoe. For the occasional time I need a bit more rocker and a bit more wave shedding it seems like the Yellowstone solo/Wildfire is the way to go. There are much faster solo canoes than the Bell Wildfire (Yellowstone Solo). YesI have taken mine down a few mild rivers, and it handles quite well… I’m sure it could handle up to a class II at least, possibly III if you really knew what you were doing. says is more of a small tandem for smaller paddlers and day trips. Most of the time I'm paddling flatwater or hiking with a canoe on my head. PK, Name GameUnfortunately, the Yellowstone (tandem) and the Yellowstone Solo are about as similar as the MRC Freedom and the Freedom Solo are. The shouldered tumblehome (characteristic of assorted David Yost designed hulls, including the Merlin II and Wildfire) gives the hull reassuring secondary stability: it's a joy to heel for turns. I have thought about the Northwind too. So if you are looking for something in the same league as the MR Explorer I think the 17’ Alaskan would be Bell’s boat to compare it with. i've had my yellowstone solo for about four or five years now.it was one of the first royalex boats in the country.it took me months to decide on the right choice.it's always a bit of a compromise chosing the right boat,ideally it would be 17 feet long, weigh 10lbs and turn well and of course track like an arrow and be short for easy portaging (i'm still looking for that one!). It is the same design as the Yellowstone. -- Last Updated: Apr-09-08 9:55 PM EST -- I am looking to buy a rather versatile canoe. At any rate I liked it a lot (a fun canoe) and since it fit what I wanted. There are no reveiws on this boat because it is new this year.Please let me know what you think if you have used one! Any input on pros and cons with this canoe is greatly appreciated. I paddled the solo for the first time in rapids today. I took my Yellowstone Solo out for the first time last Thursday, on the Thames at Aston. However on a recent trip down the jackfields rapids it took on hardly any water and I was most impressed. So far it works well and avoids any holes in the hull. There is a passing resemblance between the two Yellowstones, somthing that can’t be said for the Freedoms. The bolts are permanently attached to the yoke with two lock nuts and I bought the new Wenenah yoke pads attaching these to the yoke. And for me she handles like a dream. Best bet is to try each of them and see how you like… I originally was looking at a Morningstar, and ended up getting a Northwind. Temp about +3, snow on the ground but they were very helpful. I went up to Swifts store in Gravenhurst on Sunday. As winter aproached and I gained more experience I found that I NEEDED another boat for more adventurous excursions, and after much research and reading the views and opinons of other Sotp members decided on a Bell Chestnut Prospector 16. It's going to be a long winter. Maybe you should look at the Bell Alaskan, if you don’t mind portaging that much Royalex. Price for a boat used once was good at 600 USD. It will handle better than the Northwind. It handles small streams and large windy lakes with no problems. agreedi’m not real big on “family line” boats like the fire boats and the newer lines at bell. I put in knee straps with adjustable anchors, raised the seat an inch, that made no difference at all in stability but allowed my feet to fit under the seat a lot better. With two blue barrels full of wet snow say 25 lbs each it was slower but a nice canoe with tons of initial and secondary stability it turns well and would be a nice tripper. I may raise it again in the spring. I have not paddled it on fast water. This musical names thing that MRC did intitially, and now Bell is following suit with just confuses the buyer as opposed to clearing things up. It’s a much higher-performing design than the Morningstar. The Wildfire and the Yellowstone are both fine trippers. I'm 85Kg and you can see how the boat sits with me in it in the picture above (Matto is lighter). I love the specs on that boat, but was scared off because Bell advertises it as their most popular tandem for FLATWATER tripping. The Yellowstone solo was a very pleasent surprise much easier to control than expected, dryer than expected and turned better in moving water than expected.

Tanzania Flag Meaning, Costco Kamloops Hours For Seniors, Vizio 65 Inch Tv V-series, North Light Art Instruction Books, Straight Arm Rope Pulldown, Vizio 65 Inch Tv V-series, How To Make A Woven Newspaper Basket,

No Comments

Leave a Reply