Fortigate Execute Ping Over Vpn, Punjabi Matrimonial Newspaper In Canada, Hunger Games Arena Map, Puff Bar Glow, 1939 Penny Value, Back Pocket Vulfpeck Meaning, 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 Z Code 390 For Sale, " /> blessing in different languages Fortigate Execute Ping Over Vpn, Punjabi Matrimonial Newspaper In Canada, Hunger Games Arena Map, Puff Bar Glow, 1939 Penny Value, Back Pocket Vulfpeck Meaning, 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 Z Code 390 For Sale, " /> Fortigate Execute Ping Over Vpn, Punjabi Matrimonial Newspaper In Canada, Hunger Games Arena Map, Puff Bar Glow, 1939 Penny Value, Back Pocket Vulfpeck Meaning, 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 Z Code 390 For Sale, " /> Fortigate Execute Ping Over Vpn, Punjabi Matrimonial Newspaper In Canada, Hunger Games Arena Map, Puff Bar Glow, 1939 Penny Value, Back Pocket Vulfpeck Meaning, 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 Z Code 390 For Sale, " />

About me

My Cookbook

Instagram

logo
Personal

blessing in different languages

A form of gesundheit, “Gesondheid” is what people in South Africa say after someone sneezes. We send out email updates with news of our family and work for those who want to know what we are up to or who might be interested in praying for us. ‘Since your heart stops when you sneeze, in China we say ‘One hundred years,’ to wish you a long life,’ she explained. Saying blessed in Other Foreign Languages. In Poland after you sneeze, people say, “Naz drowie!” (pronounced naz drow), which means, “for health” or “to your health.” These simple words have other meanings in Poland, explains Polish travel blogger, Karolina Patryk. In this part of the world, it can be considered quite rude to sneeze loudly. One day I sneezed, and my teacher said something I didn’t understand. Find out what grandparents are called around the world. ‘Liang bai sui’” she said, a phrase which means, ‘200 years.’ On later trips to China, and interactions with Chinese people, I learned that no non-geriatric person actually says this! بركة Arabic. Once, people believed that sneezing meant the soul was escaping through the nose, and that saying ‘Viva!’ would prevent the Devil from taking that soul. This final video is from one congregation in London, UK, in a city where well over 300 languages are known to be used (and others are yet to be counted). I like the song and love the significance of so many people coming together to sing (or sign) it. I almost stopped counting at 70 but then I heard the Nigerian and Ghanaian versions, soon followed by a version for India with 31 different languages. Saying blessed in European Languages. ( Log Out /  Amanda MALELA - The Blessing [Official Cover in 5 languages] ‘Yi bai sui,’ she replied, which means, 100 years. Saying blessed in African Languages. “In France, we say ‘A tes souhaits,’ (pronounced a tay sweh), which means ‘To your wishes,’ or ‘A vos souhaits,’ (pronounced ah vo sway), which means ‘Bless you,’ when someone sneezes. bedeinkazioa. We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer) as we strive to provide site experiences for browsers that support new web standards and security practices. Corey Whelan is a freelance writer and reproductive health professional who has worked with infertility patients and adopting parents for over 25 years. The third sneeze in a row got ‘Que ceux-ci durent toujours’—’May they last forever,’ shares French executive, Ophélie Castelot. ( Log Out /  Romania borders five other countries, and has almost as many ways of saying “Bless you,” according to Mihaela... Germany. This is not an unusual phenomenon. If you like it, share it. It means Live!” explains Jayme Henriques Simões, the president of Louis Karno & Company Communications, LLC. Here is the full alphabetical list of what I’ve found so far: Albanian, Afrikaans, Ambon, American Sign Language (ASL), Amharic, Ao Naga, Arabic, Armenian, Assamese, Bafamg, Bagangte, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Batak Pakpak, Batak Simalungun, Bali, Bassa, Batak Karo, Batak Toba, Bengali, Benin, Bhojpuri, Birom, Bisaya, Bodo,British Sign Language (BSL), Bulgarian, Bundeli, Burmese, Cebuano, Chatino, Chhattisgarhi, Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Cilacap, Damara Nama, Dari, Dayak, Duala, Dusun, Dutch, Ekegussi, Ende, English, Esan, Eton, Ewe, Ewondo, Farsi, Fijian, Filipino Sign Language, French, Garhwali, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hakha Chin, Hausa, Haryanavi, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Iban, Ibibo, Igbo, Igede, Ijaw, Italian, Japanese, Japanes Sign Language, Jawa, Kalabari, Kannada, Karenni (Kayah), Karina, Karo, Kashmiri, Kelabit, Khasia, Khmer, Kikuyu, Kirundi, Kinyarwanda, Kokborok, Konkani, Korean, Krio, Kutai, Kyrgyz, Ladakhi, Lahauli, Lampung, Lingala, Luganda, Macedonian, Makaton, Maithili, Malagasy, Malayalam, Malaysian Sign Language (BMI), Manado, Manipuri, Marathi, Mauritian Kreol, Mexican sign language, Mewari, Mixteco, Mizo, Mongolian, Nagamese, Ndebele, Nepali, New Zealand Sign Language, Nias, Nigerian Pidgin, Nishi, Norwegian, Odia, Okrika, Oshiwambo, Otjiherero, Padang, Papiamentu, Papua, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Rukiga, Russian, Sadri, Sawa, Scottish Gaelic, Shona, Sinhala, Spanish, Sunda, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Teluga, Ternate, Te Reo Māori, Thai, Tiv, Tongan, Toraja, Tupuri, Turkish, Ukranian, Ukrainian sign language, Urhobo, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Waray, Welsh, Xhosa, Yoruba, Zapotec, Zomi and Zulu. Portuguese, French, English, Lingala & Korean, Follow Brassingtons in Britain on WordPress.com, Moving towards a more multilingual UK Church: not just an abstract idea, If it’s Sept 30, it’s #BibleTranslationDay (and even if it’s not…), The Bible in 700 languages: Celebrate and keep going, Happy Birthday Canada (Celebrate in 200+ Languages). Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. “Afya’ means ‘health’ in KiSwahili, language of East Africa). To start with I found English (a few varieties), French, Spanish, Hebrew, Tagalog, Farsi, Italian, Malalayam, Hindi, (and another in both Malalayam and Hindi) Nepali, Romanian, Polish, Papiamentu, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Luganda, Mongolian, Lingala, Thai, Mandarin Chinese, Nigerian Pidgin, Tamil, Amharic, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Swahili. If it wasn’t already the most translated song, it was probably the song that had been translated most quickly into so many languages. This also included versions in 12 sign languages (so far) from UK, Singapore, Mexico, Philippines, USA, Uzbekistan, Malaysia, Nigeria, New Zealand, Columbia, Japan. The first one is for someone we know well, and the other, for someone we don’t know well, or someone with a higher authority. Saying blessed in Asian Languages. How to Say “Bless You” Around the World Romania. beno Esperanto. This is the translation of the word "God bless" to over 100 other languages. 10 rude American manners that are actually considered polite in other countries! “I taught English in China many years ago, and studied Chinese in the morning, before my own students arrived. Former teacher, and current travel blogger, Robert Schrader, explains. We recommend our users to update the browser. "blessing translations." The UK Blessing wasn’t the first and definitely not the last attempt to bring churches together from a single country. We have the superstition that if you sneeze twice in a row, it means you are going to drink vodka soon. For the first sneeze, they’d say ‘A tes souhaits,’ but for the second, ‘A tes amours,’ which means to your love, or lovers. Even saying ‘hello’ in Irish, ‘Dia duit’ [pronounced Dee-ah Gwich] is another way of saying ‘God be with you’. برکت Persian. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. The Blessing in 160 Languages playlist has just passed 5000 views but the goal is not to see how many hits that can get, the goal is simply to join the prayer and celebration and celebrate as part of the #multilingualchurch. The Chinese language, and alphabet, may sound vastly different, but when it comes to saying “Bless you,” the sentiment of health, and long life, is the same. Change ). bekim. Saying blessed in Middle-Eastern Languages. Ways to say blessing. ‘What was that?’ I asked, reaching for a tissue. News It’s usually said after someone sneezes in any East African country. In Germany, “Gesundheit,” which loosely translates into “health” is the most-used, post-sneeze saying you’ll hear. This is hard to translate, but is basically a wish for the child who sneezed to grow tall, healthy, and strong,” she explains. By the start of June there were over versions in over 140 languages. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. In Chile, “Salud,” meaning health, is a common phrase, used after a sneeze, but there are other less popular terms. Definitions.net. In East Africa, it’s not just what you say when someone sneezes, it’s also what you don’t say that speaks volumes. If you do it in front of older people, you may be met with a disdainful and disgusted look. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Edit. This same concept has been repeated in many different communities and countries so I went looking for how many different languages I could find it in and began adding them to a playlist. Kids generally find sneezing hilarious though!” says Sam Williamson, a luxury safari travel expert. The year of your birth may also affect how you say “Bless you” in France. bendición Spanish. Sneezing in Portugal is nothing to sneeze at—local customs here may be tinged with centuries-old fears about Satan. This page provides all possible translations of the word blessing in almost any language. Being a Catholic country, God shows up in a lot of Irish language. The final one in my playlist being Makaton, a sign language developed for children and adults with communication and learning difficulties. Basque. Albanian. We don't get paid for them or control what is displayed and they may vary from country to country. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. In Ireland after someone sneezes, we say ‘Dia leat’ [pronounced dee-ah latt] meaning, ‘God be with you’ or ‘Dia linn’ [pronounced dee-ah lynn] meaning ‘God be with us’. At least, amongst China’s oldest citizens. (Over half the 3400 languages in which some scripture has been translated are now online in some form). Saying God … In Germany, “Gesundheit,” which loosely translates into “health” is the most-used, post-sneeze saying you’ll... Portugal. I’ve not spotted many other languages in the last few weeks so this may be one curve that is flattening out. I’ve since added Shona, Ndebele, Xhosa (each part of The Blessing – Zimbabwe), Rukiga, Haitian Creole, BSL, ASL, Makaton, and Filipino Sign Language (There are 380+ sign languages in the world).

Fortigate Execute Ping Over Vpn, Punjabi Matrimonial Newspaper In Canada, Hunger Games Arena Map, Puff Bar Glow, 1939 Penny Value, Back Pocket Vulfpeck Meaning, 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 Z Code 390 For Sale,

No Comments

Leave a Reply