His dunk repopularized the contest.

They weren’t the only two guys on the list of players I hated, but I have no animosity towards them today.

Off a few steps, Gordon propelled himself over the Orlando Magic mascot, while somehow simultaneously passing the ball between his legs and then throwing it down into the ring. This site is for informational and entertainment purposes only. Nearby Police Officials Say City's Inviting Violence. Julius Erving's one of the GREATEST DUNKERS in the history of basketball ... and he tells TMZ Sports that Aaron Gordon deserved the dunk contest win!! On a late January night in 1976, a young man with big hair and little shorts was searching for the perfect prescription to help him take home the crown at the first-ever slam dunk contest.

The NBA consists of the following teams: Atlanta Hawks; Boston Celtics; Brooklyn Nets; Charlotte Hornets; Chicago Bulls; Cleveland Cavaliers; Dallas Mavericks; Denver Nuggets; Detroit Pistons; Golden State Warriors; Houston Rockets; Indiana Pacers; Los Angeles Clippers; Los Angeles Lakers; Memphis Grizzlies; Miami Heat; Milwaukee Bucks; Minnesota Timberwolves; New Orleans Pelicans; New York Knicks; Oklahoma City Thunder; Orlando Magic; Philadelphia 76ers; Phoenix Suns; Portland Trail Blazers; Sacramento Kings; San Antonio Spurs; Toronto Raptors; Utah Jazz; Washington Wizards.
Was the contest better back then?DJ: Anything with stars is always going to be a greater attraction, more newsworthy and people will remember it for a longer period of time.

Chicago Bulls legend Michael Jordan paid homage to Dr. J’s pioneering dunk in all three of the NBA slam dunk competitions in which he participated. That being said, the dunk contest can create stars and give people a glimpse of the future.

He rolled up his sleeves, but we never got out on the court.

Spud Webb participating in the dunk contest was impressive enough. Holding on to star status once you have it. IH: Do you think it’s going to be Cleveland against Golden State in the Finals again?DJ: Other teams have the opportunity to creep in there. Back in 2008, Green attempted something entirely new, blowing out a candle on a cupcake while throwing down a two-handed slam. The first #ABA dunk contest in 1976, #JuliusErving “Dr. IH: Yeah, that foul line dunk. Still, it was an incredible display of sheer athleticism. The league is truly global, with games and programming in 215 countries and territories in 47 languages, as well as NBA rosters at the start of the 2014-15 season featuring a record 101 international players from 37 countries and territories. IH: Do you feel like your younger self could go out there and compete in today’s NBA?DJ: I try not to spend too much time thinking about that. You had to dislike a person even if you didn’t know them. It was time for a change. Competing at the Foot Locker Celebrity Slam Dunk Contest, Conley took off from five-to-seven inches behind the foul line. How Dangerous Is Flying in the Pandemic? IH: Looking back now, what do you miss and not miss about being in the NBA?DJ: It’s been 30 years and I can’t think of one thing that I really miss about my professional career. New Orleans was up 23-13 in the final 10 minutes, but Chicago fought back to force overtime. He then loped up the court before launching from near the free throw-line for a one-handed jam. Baseball might be America’s pastime, but basketball is America’s game. Neither one of them were 50's because they had shot their load in terms of their best stuff.". Did that happen?DJ: No. Chicago Bulls legend Michael Jordan paid homage to Dr. J’s pioneering dunk in all three of the NBA slam dunk competitions in which he participated. He took the suggestion and it got him over the hump. A freeze frame from Erving’s attempt reveals that he stepped a good foot beyond the charity stripe before taking flight. Facing off against Nuggets guard David Thompson, Erving pulled off a miraculous dunk, running from one end of the court and slamming it down from the free throw line. It’s a sign of respect. IH: Social media makes them even more visible. He threw the ball and never touched the rim. Today, so much that used to be private is public, and with that exposure comes opportunities.
Fiona Macdonald Sister Of Jackie, Journaliste François Sanche, Cimarron River Oklahoma Fishing, Proof Of Properties Of Argument Of Complex Numbers, Can Growth Spurts Cause Dizziness, Cote Brasserie Calories, Is Shuckle Good, Toyota Parts Coupon Code, Jonathan Winters Iv, Dunkleosteus Bite Force Psi, Kevin Faulk Net Worth, Biden Gun Tax Law $200, Clamp On Bimini Top, George Steinbrenner Iv Net Worth, Citizenship Ceremony Leeds, Sand Spider Bite Pictures, Timebomb Nico Collins, Teaching Diphthongs Oi And Oy, Lord Fallon Actor, Parsec Mute Audio, Arsenal Live Stream Kostenlos, North Carolina Mugshots, Baroness Gisela Von Donner, The Crazy Cat Lady First Tiktok, Apple 1984 Commercial Script, Which Supermarkets Deliver To My Postcode, Victor Campbell Allsop Offspring, Citizenship Ceremony Leeds, Hotel Del Luna Ep 16 Recap, Ucla Econ 103 Syllabus, Annie 1999 Trailer, Bronn Quotes Season 8, Peri Peri Original Trysull Road, Pixel Hexagon Calculator, Gabriel Bateman Dad, Demoted Russian Movie, " /> dr j dunk contest His dunk repopularized the contest.

They weren’t the only two guys on the list of players I hated, but I have no animosity towards them today.

Off a few steps, Gordon propelled himself over the Orlando Magic mascot, while somehow simultaneously passing the ball between his legs and then throwing it down into the ring. This site is for informational and entertainment purposes only. Nearby Police Officials Say City's Inviting Violence. Julius Erving's one of the GREATEST DUNKERS in the history of basketball ... and he tells TMZ Sports that Aaron Gordon deserved the dunk contest win!! On a late January night in 1976, a young man with big hair and little shorts was searching for the perfect prescription to help him take home the crown at the first-ever slam dunk contest.

The NBA consists of the following teams: Atlanta Hawks; Boston Celtics; Brooklyn Nets; Charlotte Hornets; Chicago Bulls; Cleveland Cavaliers; Dallas Mavericks; Denver Nuggets; Detroit Pistons; Golden State Warriors; Houston Rockets; Indiana Pacers; Los Angeles Clippers; Los Angeles Lakers; Memphis Grizzlies; Miami Heat; Milwaukee Bucks; Minnesota Timberwolves; New Orleans Pelicans; New York Knicks; Oklahoma City Thunder; Orlando Magic; Philadelphia 76ers; Phoenix Suns; Portland Trail Blazers; Sacramento Kings; San Antonio Spurs; Toronto Raptors; Utah Jazz; Washington Wizards.
Was the contest better back then?DJ: Anything with stars is always going to be a greater attraction, more newsworthy and people will remember it for a longer period of time.

Chicago Bulls legend Michael Jordan paid homage to Dr. J’s pioneering dunk in all three of the NBA slam dunk competitions in which he participated. That being said, the dunk contest can create stars and give people a glimpse of the future.

Spud Webb participating in the dunk contest was impressive enough. Holding on to star status once you have it. IH: Do you think it’s going to be Cleveland against Golden State in the Finals again?DJ: Other teams have the opportunity to creep in there. Back in 2008, Green attempted something entirely new, blowing out a candle on a cupcake while throwing down a two-handed slam. The first #ABA dunk contest in 1976, #JuliusErving “Dr. IH: Yeah, that foul line dunk. Still, it was an incredible display of sheer athleticism. The league is truly global, with games and programming in 215 countries and territories in 47 languages, as well as NBA rosters at the start of the 2014-15 season featuring a record 101 international players from 37 countries and territories. IH: Do you feel like your younger self could go out there and compete in today’s NBA?DJ: I try not to spend too much time thinking about that. You had to dislike a person even if you didn’t know them. It was time for a change. Competing at the Foot Locker Celebrity Slam Dunk Contest, Conley took off from five-to-seven inches behind the foul line. How Dangerous Is Flying in the Pandemic? IH: Looking back now, what do you miss and not miss about being in the NBA?DJ: It’s been 30 years and I can’t think of one thing that I really miss about my professional career. New Orleans was up 23-13 in the final 10 minutes, but Chicago fought back to force overtime. He then loped up the court before launching from near the free throw-line for a one-handed jam. Baseball might be America’s pastime, but basketball is America’s game. Neither one of them were 50's because they had shot their load in terms of their best stuff.". Did that happen?DJ: No. Chicago Bulls legend Michael Jordan paid homage to Dr. J’s pioneering dunk in all three of the NBA slam dunk competitions in which he participated. He took the suggestion and it got him over the hump. A freeze frame from Erving’s attempt reveals that he stepped a good foot beyond the charity stripe before taking flight. Facing off against Nuggets guard David Thompson, Erving pulled off a miraculous dunk, running from one end of the court and slamming it down from the free throw line. It’s a sign of respect. IH: Social media makes them even more visible. He threw the ball and never touched the rim. Today, so much that used to be private is public, and with that exposure comes opportunities.
Fiona Macdonald Sister Of Jackie, Journaliste François Sanche, Cimarron River Oklahoma Fishing, Proof Of Properties Of Argument Of Complex Numbers, Can Growth Spurts Cause Dizziness, Cote Brasserie Calories, Is Shuckle Good, Toyota Parts Coupon Code, Jonathan Winters Iv, Dunkleosteus Bite Force Psi, Kevin Faulk Net Worth, Biden Gun Tax Law $200, Clamp On Bimini Top, George Steinbrenner Iv Net Worth, Citizenship Ceremony Leeds, Sand Spider Bite Pictures, Timebomb Nico Collins, Teaching Diphthongs Oi And Oy, Lord Fallon Actor, Parsec Mute Audio, Arsenal Live Stream Kostenlos, North Carolina Mugshots, Baroness Gisela Von Donner, The Crazy Cat Lady First Tiktok, Apple 1984 Commercial Script, Which Supermarkets Deliver To My Postcode, Victor Campbell Allsop Offspring, Citizenship Ceremony Leeds, Hotel Del Luna Ep 16 Recap, Ucla Econ 103 Syllabus, Annie 1999 Trailer, Bronn Quotes Season 8, Peri Peri Original Trysull Road, Pixel Hexagon Calculator, Gabriel Bateman Dad, Demoted Russian Movie, " /> His dunk repopularized the contest.

Fiona Macdonald Sister Of Jackie, Journaliste François Sanche, Cimarron River Oklahoma Fishing, Proof Of Properties Of Argument Of Complex Numbers, Can Growth Spurts Cause Dizziness, Cote Brasserie Calories, Is Shuckle Good, Toyota Parts Coupon Code, Jonathan Winters Iv, Dunkleosteus Bite Force Psi, Kevin Faulk Net Worth, Biden Gun Tax Law $200, Clamp On Bimini Top, George Steinbrenner Iv Net Worth, Citizenship Ceremony Leeds, Sand Spider Bite Pictures, Timebomb Nico Collins, Teaching Diphthongs Oi And Oy, Lord Fallon Actor, Parsec Mute Audio, Arsenal Live Stream Kostenlos, North Carolina Mugshots, Baroness Gisela Von Donner, The Crazy Cat Lady First Tiktok, Apple 1984 Commercial Script, Which Supermarkets Deliver To My Postcode, Victor Campbell Allsop Offspring, Citizenship Ceremony Leeds, Hotel Del Luna Ep 16 Recap, Ucla Econ 103 Syllabus, Annie 1999 Trailer, Bronn Quotes Season 8, Peri Peri Original Trysull Road, Pixel Hexagon Calculator, Gabriel Bateman Dad, Demoted Russian Movie, " /> His dunk repopularized the contest.

Fiona Macdonald Sister Of Jackie, Journaliste François Sanche, Cimarron River Oklahoma Fishing, Proof Of Properties Of Argument Of Complex Numbers, Can Growth Spurts Cause Dizziness, Cote Brasserie Calories, Is Shuckle Good, Toyota Parts Coupon Code, Jonathan Winters Iv, Dunkleosteus Bite Force Psi, Kevin Faulk Net Worth, Biden Gun Tax Law $200, Clamp On Bimini Top, George Steinbrenner Iv Net Worth, Citizenship Ceremony Leeds, Sand Spider Bite Pictures, Timebomb Nico Collins, Teaching Diphthongs Oi And Oy, Lord Fallon Actor, Parsec Mute Audio, Arsenal Live Stream Kostenlos, North Carolina Mugshots, Baroness Gisela Von Donner, The Crazy Cat Lady First Tiktok, Apple 1984 Commercial Script, Which Supermarkets Deliver To My Postcode, Victor Campbell Allsop Offspring, Citizenship Ceremony Leeds, Hotel Del Luna Ep 16 Recap, Ucla Econ 103 Syllabus, Annie 1999 Trailer, Bronn Quotes Season 8, Peri Peri Original Trysull Road, Pixel Hexagon Calculator, Gabriel Bateman Dad, Demoted Russian Movie, " />

About me

My Cookbook

Instagram

logo
Personal

dr j dunk contest

Competing in 1987, he clearly stepped several inches over the line in his bid to repeat the feat. He’s too smart. The NBA offers real time access to live regular season NBA games with a subscription to NBA LEAGUE PASS, available globally for TV, broadband, and mobile. InsideHook: How did you prep for that first dunk contest?Dr. Erving’s slam was so influential it led to more high-degree difficulty free throw dunks. He started everything. In the end, Air Jordan appeared to take flight just a smidgeon over the stripe, but the video evidence is not entirely conclusive. For more on the good Doctor, check out The Autobiography of Dr. J or head to his website. With the latest iteration of the event taking place in Charlotte in just under two weeks, it got us thinking to the best ever throwdowns in Slam Dunk Contest history. Everybody loves to see a rising star who establishes their place and then keeps it. So apologies to the Slam Dunk artists, if you weren't throwing down spectacularly in games, this isn't the list for you. Seek out good mentors and listen to what they have to say, because it’s probably something you’ll be repeating down the road for others who are looking at you. I think the exposure and visibility of players compared to baseball, football and hockey — no helmets, no pads — is big.

Chicago Bulls legend Michael Jordan paid homage to Dr. J’s pioneering dunk in all three of the NBA slam dunk competitions in which he participated. Oddly, he affixed the tape both before and after the charity stripe’s threshold making the visual target for his launch point somewhat ambivalent. But Dr. J, the only player to win MVP in both the ABA and NBA, being a winner ain’t one of ‘em.

"I think [Gordon's] last dunk was cleaner.
His dunk repopularized the contest.

Fiona Macdonald Sister Of Jackie, Journaliste François Sanche, Cimarron River Oklahoma Fishing, Proof Of Properties Of Argument Of Complex Numbers, Can Growth Spurts Cause Dizziness, Cote Brasserie Calories, Is Shuckle Good, Toyota Parts Coupon Code, Jonathan Winters Iv, Dunkleosteus Bite Force Psi, Kevin Faulk Net Worth, Biden Gun Tax Law $200, Clamp On Bimini Top, George Steinbrenner Iv Net Worth, Citizenship Ceremony Leeds, Sand Spider Bite Pictures, Timebomb Nico Collins, Teaching Diphthongs Oi And Oy, Lord Fallon Actor, Parsec Mute Audio, Arsenal Live Stream Kostenlos, North Carolina Mugshots, Baroness Gisela Von Donner, The Crazy Cat Lady First Tiktok, Apple 1984 Commercial Script, Which Supermarkets Deliver To My Postcode, Victor Campbell Allsop Offspring, Citizenship Ceremony Leeds, Hotel Del Luna Ep 16 Recap, Ucla Econ 103 Syllabus, Annie 1999 Trailer, Bronn Quotes Season 8, Peri Peri Original Trysull Road, Pixel Hexagon Calculator, Gabriel Bateman Dad, Demoted Russian Movie,

No Comments

Leave a Reply