I'll get to the pros in a moment, but here are some of the cons: you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than finding a family doctor who is accepting patients; landlords can and will refuse to rent to you if you have pets; strata (condo) boards can and will refuse to sell to you if you have kids; cost of living is high; our surrounding suburbs are ugly big box store complexes punctuated by housing; there is one highway in and out of town. In terms of official weather statistics, if you’re going to be living in Victoria you can expect 2,183 hours of sunshine a year, at least half the rainfall of New York, at least eight frost-free months a year, low humidity, cooling offshore breezes in the summer and the perfect climate to enjoy a very outdoor centric lifestyle. There is an excellent balance in the age demographic in this part of British Columbia. $("#moveSize").rules("add", {required:true}); Name: {required: true}, What should you know about moving to Victoria? You will have to. As this. } I moved to Victoria from northern Ontario ten years ago.

The city is as popular with retirees as it is with those who are starting their professional career. It’s tempting to blame foreign real estate speculators for the high cost of housing in Vancouver.

Some of these questions can be answered easily with a few Google searches (probably how you got here), and others may take. The Butchart Gardens, which boast over 55 acres of gardens, is a place tourists and locals love to visit. Three words that I've just read in posts above stand out based on my time there: provincial, insular and self-congratulatory.

I would *love* to move back to Vic. Now, it does have its merits, certainly, but so do many places.

I've travelled all over the province for work, and Hwy 16 is the most beautiful wonderful place I've ever been, and I think it beats out the Rockies.

Aside from finding a company that specializes in moving long-distance, you’ll also want to coordinate your own transportation to Vancouver Island. //return; Let’s just say we’re in favour of that decision.

I grew up in an ugly, icy, blue-collar, 98% white city with not much by way of culture or nightlife.

}); Victoria recently made the top 10 cities to find job in Canada list. // This code fixes issues with loading the modal in the Header, and it not overlapping other elements in most browsers

The number one reason I would not move there, personally, is that I think I would have a hard time finding my community there, since I tend to like big-city things. from the mainland of British Columbia, and you may encounter sailing wait times.

Judd Trump Brother, Ambergris Caye Long Term Rentals, Stanley And Lydia The Office, How To Become A Werewolf In Minecraft, Eickhorn M7 Bayonet, Live Doppler Radar Lansing Mi, Shinji Kagawa Wife, Ilmango Enderman Farm, Sandpiper Lower Classifications, Lil Phat Webbie Brother, What Happened To Taylor Mays, Pokemon Ruby Starters, Utau Register Key, Lover Eternal Audiobook, Veda Loca Bio, Sarah Kellen 2020, Havanese Rescue Idaho, 2017 Silverado Tow Capacity, Benefits Of Nutmeg In Coffee, Christopher Severio Movies, What Is The Dominant Impression Of Once More To The Lake What Is The Thesis Main Idea Of This Story, Ontario Record Moose, Kickball Games Unblocked, Kristalina Georgieva Net Worth, The Land Of Open Graves Quotes, Dolphin Game Pc, Why I Should Be President Of A Club Essay, Liberty Beau Giggs Instagram, She Acts Like She Doesn T Like Me, Terminator 2 4k Screenshots, Redflagdeals Staples Coupon 2020, Earthgang Meditate Lyrics, Joel Higgins Wife, Rose Francesa Wife, Can A Urine Test Detect Stds, How Many Convictions From The Steve Wilkos Show, Port And Baileys Shot, Davey Lopes Wife, Kuubo Ibuki Raw, Will Naruto Die In Boruto, Mauser Model 1914, Dr Wily Spirit, Abandoned Towns In Missouri, Gadsden Alabama Rappers, Kokiri Forest Piano, Lil Eazy E Net Worth 2020, All Ashnikko Songs, Reggie Miller House, Glo Tobacco Uk, Warframe Sniper Build, What Does Mms Mean In Slang, Do Guinea Pigs Climb Out Of Their Cage, Boeing 747 Weight, Master Of Behavioral And Decision Sciences Upenn Reddit, Bradley Wright San Diego, Thesis Statement On Pit Bulls, Texas Fishing License Over 65, Jackrabbit Java Coupon Code, Does Silicone Stick To Pvc, Blackout Tactical Backpack Nra, Walburg Tx Population, What Does Txt Mean On Ezgo Golf Cart, Big Yank Clothing History, Road Bikes Sale, Hilary Jardine Husband, I Will Walk With Jesus Ukulele Chords, When The Praise Goes Up Lyrics, Bocote Tree Seeds, Digimon Last Evolution Kizuna Stream, Omsi 2 Gps, Memphis Audio 10, Prayer To Win Gambling, " /> pros and cons of living in victoria bc

I'll get to the pros in a moment, but here are some of the cons: you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than finding a family doctor who is accepting patients; landlords can and will refuse to rent to you if you have pets; strata (condo) boards can and will refuse to sell to you if you have kids; cost of living is high; our surrounding suburbs are ugly big box store complexes punctuated by housing; there is one highway in and out of town. In terms of official weather statistics, if you’re going to be living in Victoria you can expect 2,183 hours of sunshine a year, at least half the rainfall of New York, at least eight frost-free months a year, low humidity, cooling offshore breezes in the summer and the perfect climate to enjoy a very outdoor centric lifestyle. There is an excellent balance in the age demographic in this part of British Columbia. $("#moveSize").rules("add", {required:true}); Name: {required: true}, What should you know about moving to Victoria? You will have to. As this. } I moved to Victoria from northern Ontario ten years ago.

The city is as popular with retirees as it is with those who are starting their professional career. It’s tempting to blame foreign real estate speculators for the high cost of housing in Vancouver.

Some of these questions can be answered easily with a few Google searches (probably how you got here), and others may take. The Butchart Gardens, which boast over 55 acres of gardens, is a place tourists and locals love to visit. Three words that I've just read in posts above stand out based on my time there: provincial, insular and self-congratulatory.

I would *love* to move back to Vic. Now, it does have its merits, certainly, but so do many places.

I've travelled all over the province for work, and Hwy 16 is the most beautiful wonderful place I've ever been, and I think it beats out the Rockies.

Aside from finding a company that specializes in moving long-distance, you’ll also want to coordinate your own transportation to Vancouver Island. //return; Let’s just say we’re in favour of that decision.

I grew up in an ugly, icy, blue-collar, 98% white city with not much by way of culture or nightlife.

}); Victoria recently made the top 10 cities to find job in Canada list. // This code fixes issues with loading the modal in the Header, and it not overlapping other elements in most browsers

The number one reason I would not move there, personally, is that I think I would have a hard time finding my community there, since I tend to like big-city things. from the mainland of British Columbia, and you may encounter sailing wait times.

Judd Trump Brother, Ambergris Caye Long Term Rentals, Stanley And Lydia The Office, How To Become A Werewolf In Minecraft, Eickhorn M7 Bayonet, Live Doppler Radar Lansing Mi, Shinji Kagawa Wife, Ilmango Enderman Farm, Sandpiper Lower Classifications, Lil Phat Webbie Brother, What Happened To Taylor Mays, Pokemon Ruby Starters, Utau Register Key, Lover Eternal Audiobook, Veda Loca Bio, Sarah Kellen 2020, Havanese Rescue Idaho, 2017 Silverado Tow Capacity, Benefits Of Nutmeg In Coffee, Christopher Severio Movies, What Is The Dominant Impression Of Once More To The Lake What Is The Thesis Main Idea Of This Story, Ontario Record Moose, Kickball Games Unblocked, Kristalina Georgieva Net Worth, The Land Of Open Graves Quotes, Dolphin Game Pc, Why I Should Be President Of A Club Essay, Liberty Beau Giggs Instagram, She Acts Like She Doesn T Like Me, Terminator 2 4k Screenshots, Redflagdeals Staples Coupon 2020, Earthgang Meditate Lyrics, Joel Higgins Wife, Rose Francesa Wife, Can A Urine Test Detect Stds, How Many Convictions From The Steve Wilkos Show, Port And Baileys Shot, Davey Lopes Wife, Kuubo Ibuki Raw, Will Naruto Die In Boruto, Mauser Model 1914, Dr Wily Spirit, Abandoned Towns In Missouri, Gadsden Alabama Rappers, Kokiri Forest Piano, Lil Eazy E Net Worth 2020, All Ashnikko Songs, Reggie Miller House, Glo Tobacco Uk, Warframe Sniper Build, What Does Mms Mean In Slang, Do Guinea Pigs Climb Out Of Their Cage, Boeing 747 Weight, Master Of Behavioral And Decision Sciences Upenn Reddit, Bradley Wright San Diego, Thesis Statement On Pit Bulls, Texas Fishing License Over 65, Jackrabbit Java Coupon Code, Does Silicone Stick To Pvc, Blackout Tactical Backpack Nra, Walburg Tx Population, What Does Txt Mean On Ezgo Golf Cart, Big Yank Clothing History, Road Bikes Sale, Hilary Jardine Husband, I Will Walk With Jesus Ukulele Chords, When The Praise Goes Up Lyrics, Bocote Tree Seeds, Digimon Last Evolution Kizuna Stream, Omsi 2 Gps, Memphis Audio 10, Prayer To Win Gambling, " />

Judd Trump Brother, Ambergris Caye Long Term Rentals, Stanley And Lydia The Office, How To Become A Werewolf In Minecraft, Eickhorn M7 Bayonet, Live Doppler Radar Lansing Mi, Shinji Kagawa Wife, Ilmango Enderman Farm, Sandpiper Lower Classifications, Lil Phat Webbie Brother, What Happened To Taylor Mays, Pokemon Ruby Starters, Utau Register Key, Lover Eternal Audiobook, Veda Loca Bio, Sarah Kellen 2020, Havanese Rescue Idaho, 2017 Silverado Tow Capacity, Benefits Of Nutmeg In Coffee, Christopher Severio Movies, What Is The Dominant Impression Of Once More To The Lake What Is The Thesis Main Idea Of This Story, Ontario Record Moose, Kickball Games Unblocked, Kristalina Georgieva Net Worth, The Land Of Open Graves Quotes, Dolphin Game Pc, Why I Should Be President Of A Club Essay, Liberty Beau Giggs Instagram, She Acts Like She Doesn T Like Me, Terminator 2 4k Screenshots, Redflagdeals Staples Coupon 2020, Earthgang Meditate Lyrics, Joel Higgins Wife, Rose Francesa Wife, Can A Urine Test Detect Stds, How Many Convictions From The Steve Wilkos Show, Port And Baileys Shot, Davey Lopes Wife, Kuubo Ibuki Raw, Will Naruto Die In Boruto, Mauser Model 1914, Dr Wily Spirit, Abandoned Towns In Missouri, Gadsden Alabama Rappers, Kokiri Forest Piano, Lil Eazy E Net Worth 2020, All Ashnikko Songs, Reggie Miller House, Glo Tobacco Uk, Warframe Sniper Build, What Does Mms Mean In Slang, Do Guinea Pigs Climb Out Of Their Cage, Boeing 747 Weight, Master Of Behavioral And Decision Sciences Upenn Reddit, Bradley Wright San Diego, Thesis Statement On Pit Bulls, Texas Fishing License Over 65, Jackrabbit Java Coupon Code, Does Silicone Stick To Pvc, Blackout Tactical Backpack Nra, Walburg Tx Population, What Does Txt Mean On Ezgo Golf Cart, Big Yank Clothing History, Road Bikes Sale, Hilary Jardine Husband, I Will Walk With Jesus Ukulele Chords, When The Praise Goes Up Lyrics, Bocote Tree Seeds, Digimon Last Evolution Kizuna Stream, Omsi 2 Gps, Memphis Audio 10, Prayer To Win Gambling, " />

About me

My Cookbook

Instagram

logo
Personal

pros and cons of living in victoria bc

Victoria is a small, big city.

This will cause you grief making the switch, then you’ll be good to go! It’s home to many annual festivals, it has museums, golf clubs, yacht clubs, marinas, fitness centres, ice rinks, tennis courts, stadiums, arenas, a car race track and a horse racing track – proving you’ll never be bored living in Victoria.

The city is named after Queen Victoria and is known for its old-world charm, with narrow streets lined with 19th-century stone buildings.

Alternatively, take a look at 5 Best Places to Live in Canada. So if you’ve got little ones or pets, make sure to take this into account before you take off for the ferry terminal–we’d recommend bringing some snacks in case of a multiple sail wait.

It’s a place where you get all the amenities of a world-class city like universities, a downtown core, entertainment and great outdoor activities with the friendliness of a small town vibe. Understand your retirement income and pension options and get a better deal retired abroad.

}

There are public and private schools and universities and colleges to choose from, and around 72% of the population of the city has at least some tertiary level education behind them – which is way above the national norm.

data: $form.serialize(), Submit  $(document).ready(function(){ $form = $("#lead-form");

Judd Trump Brother, Ambergris Caye Long Term Rentals, Stanley And Lydia The Office, How To Become A Werewolf In Minecraft, Eickhorn M7 Bayonet, Live Doppler Radar Lansing Mi, Shinji Kagawa Wife, Ilmango Enderman Farm, Sandpiper Lower Classifications, Lil Phat Webbie Brother, What Happened To Taylor Mays, Pokemon Ruby Starters, Utau Register Key, Lover Eternal Audiobook, Veda Loca Bio, Sarah Kellen 2020, Havanese Rescue Idaho, 2017 Silverado Tow Capacity, Benefits Of Nutmeg In Coffee, Christopher Severio Movies, What Is The Dominant Impression Of Once More To The Lake What Is The Thesis Main Idea Of This Story, Ontario Record Moose, Kickball Games Unblocked, Kristalina Georgieva Net Worth, The Land Of Open Graves Quotes, Dolphin Game Pc, Why I Should Be President Of A Club Essay, Liberty Beau Giggs Instagram, She Acts Like She Doesn T Like Me, Terminator 2 4k Screenshots, Redflagdeals Staples Coupon 2020, Earthgang Meditate Lyrics, Joel Higgins Wife, Rose Francesa Wife, Can A Urine Test Detect Stds, How Many Convictions From The Steve Wilkos Show, Port And Baileys Shot, Davey Lopes Wife, Kuubo Ibuki Raw, Will Naruto Die In Boruto, Mauser Model 1914, Dr Wily Spirit, Abandoned Towns In Missouri, Gadsden Alabama Rappers, Kokiri Forest Piano, Lil Eazy E Net Worth 2020, All Ashnikko Songs, Reggie Miller House, Glo Tobacco Uk, Warframe Sniper Build, What Does Mms Mean In Slang, Do Guinea Pigs Climb Out Of Their Cage, Boeing 747 Weight, Master Of Behavioral And Decision Sciences Upenn Reddit, Bradley Wright San Diego, Thesis Statement On Pit Bulls, Texas Fishing License Over 65, Jackrabbit Java Coupon Code, Does Silicone Stick To Pvc, Blackout Tactical Backpack Nra, Walburg Tx Population, What Does Txt Mean On Ezgo Golf Cart, Big Yank Clothing History, Road Bikes Sale, Hilary Jardine Husband, I Will Walk With Jesus Ukulele Chords, When The Praise Goes Up Lyrics, Bocote Tree Seeds, Digimon Last Evolution Kizuna Stream, Omsi 2 Gps, Memphis Audio 10, Prayer To Win Gambling,

No Comments

Leave a Reply