Where Is Trouble With Maggie Cole Made, My Favourite Food Essay For Class 5, Glock 19x Magazine Base Plate, Can I Shoot Slugs Through A Stevens 320, Rosalind Brewer Husband, Ken Lamb Fishing Report, Elizabeth Bishop Electrical Storm, Cobra Tarot Card, 2k Server Status, Souk Eye Chords, Maria Lark Age, Is Donna Brazile Married To Muriel Bowser, Boolean Product Calculator, Enadu E Paper, Luke Danes Birthday, Albino Robin Meaning, Ryan Seacrest Wild N Out, King Louie Rapper Net Worth, Luc Senay Maison à Vendre, Create An Outline For An Argumentative Research Essay Which You Will Draft In Lesson 2, " /> reddit spacex engineer Where Is Trouble With Maggie Cole Made, My Favourite Food Essay For Class 5, Glock 19x Magazine Base Plate, Can I Shoot Slugs Through A Stevens 320, Rosalind Brewer Husband, Ken Lamb Fishing Report, Elizabeth Bishop Electrical Storm, Cobra Tarot Card, 2k Server Status, Souk Eye Chords, Maria Lark Age, Is Donna Brazile Married To Muriel Bowser, Boolean Product Calculator, Enadu E Paper, Luke Danes Birthday, Albino Robin Meaning, Ryan Seacrest Wild N Out, King Louie Rapper Net Worth, Luc Senay Maison à Vendre, Create An Outline For An Argumentative Research Essay Which You Will Draft In Lesson 2, " /> Where Is Trouble With Maggie Cole Made, My Favourite Food Essay For Class 5, Glock 19x Magazine Base Plate, Can I Shoot Slugs Through A Stevens 320, Rosalind Brewer Husband, Ken Lamb Fishing Report, Elizabeth Bishop Electrical Storm, Cobra Tarot Card, 2k Server Status, Souk Eye Chords, Maria Lark Age, Is Donna Brazile Married To Muriel Bowser, Boolean Product Calculator, Enadu E Paper, Luke Danes Birthday, Albino Robin Meaning, Ryan Seacrest Wild N Out, King Louie Rapper Net Worth, Luc Senay Maison à Vendre, Create An Outline For An Argumentative Research Essay Which You Will Draft In Lesson 2, " /> Where Is Trouble With Maggie Cole Made, My Favourite Food Essay For Class 5, Glock 19x Magazine Base Plate, Can I Shoot Slugs Through A Stevens 320, Rosalind Brewer Husband, Ken Lamb Fishing Report, Elizabeth Bishop Electrical Storm, Cobra Tarot Card, 2k Server Status, Souk Eye Chords, Maria Lark Age, Is Donna Brazile Married To Muriel Bowser, Boolean Product Calculator, Enadu E Paper, Luke Danes Birthday, Albino Robin Meaning, Ryan Seacrest Wild N Out, King Louie Rapper Net Worth, Luc Senay Maison à Vendre, Create An Outline For An Argumentative Research Essay Which You Will Draft In Lesson 2, " />

About me

My Cookbook

Instagram

logo
Personal

reddit spacex engineer

Lots of new code had to be developed. Get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit. What's been said is just one part of what it's like to work with Elon Musk so I'll discuss the side that you won't often hear. Close. log in sign up. My name is Brian Bjelde. The reason for this is that Elon's version of reality is highly skewed. There are much better ways of handling things than having to chop down people's egos... "This is because creative, intelligent, and technical people get attached to their own work (and I am as guilty of this as anyone). What do you feel most accomplished about? He is known for being one of the first to sequence the human genome and the first to transfect a cell with a synthetic genome. Damn that sound very unfortunate that Elon has that kind of managerial personality. (That being said, a vacation every now and then is still necessary to maintain sanity), New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. We wear many hats, but the flagship product we develop and release is an internal web application that nearly every person in the company uses. This is partially because a lot of people respond better to challenges than praise, but it's more about something far more fundamental: The job of people like Elon is to be The Asshole of The Organization (TATO). Doing so resulted in a product that was not covered with warts like all the other computing products on the market. Here's what it says, if anyone else is getting nagged by Quora to register before getting to read the post. But the fact that it's such hot shit when it comes to the rocket science stats means it's got this inherent engineering appeal. How big is your current code base for your bigest project? I've been an engineer with SpaceX for over five years now. is among his most repeated lines though he stopped trying to sell that a couple years ago as people stopped believing it long ago. At least in engineering, who knows what HR and finance does. If given the opportunity, they will blindly continue working on a failed or no longer necessary project forever. Elon may be a genius and he's certainly unique in many important ways. This … To all those asking about internships and employment, our suggestion is to apply online. Steve Jobs was TATO at Apple, and his main role was to say no to everything that didn't fit into a good user experience. I think the answer is that if you destroy people mentally they lose the energy to look for another job. It's much like Steve Jobs's "reality distortion field" except Elon isn't great at public speaking. Press J to jump to the feed. Press J to jump to the feed. I've heard that Elon killed a hydrogen fueled engine project at SpaceX in favor of the methane option, and actually let go the main proponent of hydrogen. It's not a hassle to maintain, it's our job! Hi Reddit, former Secretary of Defense William Perry here for my third IAMA, this time I am joined by Tom Collina, the Policy Director at Ploughshares Fund. SpaceX is like Special Forces… we do the missions that others think are impossible. Everything that's been said is certainly true. There are commercially available products that do this but ours kicks major ass! SpaceX really is awesome. "Just six more months and we'll go IPO!" Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Or the smart, insecure engineer who will accept a lower salary and give up their family life? If given the opportunity, they will blindly continue working on a failed or no longer necessary project forever. The Enterprise Information Systems team builds the internal software systems that makes spacex run. Edit 6: Thank you so much Reddit! Happy Friday everyone! I think I'll need a citation. Their businesses seem to succeed despite them. is among his most repeated lines though he stopped trying to sell that a couple years ago as people stopped believing it long ago. Code that supports the design and manufacturing process of rockets and spacecraft. I've seen and helped the company grow from less than 500 people in to the powerhouse it is now. This side of what it's like to work with Elon shows that no one likes working with Elon. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. The whole concept of having to override people's egos is so entirely backwards that I'm wondering what century we live in! Cookies help us deliver our Services. One of the most famous quotes that runs around the office is one from a company wide talk Elon gave a couple of years ago where he said "Not enough of you are working on Saturdays." New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Are you kidding? For all open software related positions, please go to http://www.spacex.com/software.php. I trained as an aerospace engineer at the University of Southern California. Its design was sleek, elegant, and a pleasure to use. That being said, we do work longer hours. Venter founded Celera Genomics, The Institute for Genomic Research (TIGR) and the J. Craig Venter Institute (JCVI), and is now working at JCVI to create synthetic biological organisms. We work on everything from large-scale web applications to tiny embedded computing platforms. We develop the GUIs used in Mission and Launch control, for engineers and operators to monitor vehicle telemetry and command the rocket, spacecraft, and pad support equipment. First question: do any of you guys play Kerbal Space Program? Before Posting. If they have someone named Jeb on their team, I will scream with a high pitched voice. We are all invested in SpaceX and its success. Edit 3: Yes, we are doing a ton of hiring for these software positions that we have been talking about today. It's also been shown that a challenging environment is better than a complacent one. That might be fine, if technical and engineering work were funded by the National Endowment for the Arts... but in fact it is funded to achieve defined business goals that are ultimately shaped by the very unforgiving math of supply and demand where some projects can meat the requirements of that math, and many can not, but that fact only becomes apparent after extensive analysis and work on the problem. Some of this is ego, the belief that they can MAKE a given problem or solution work, but most of it is a sort of ascetic attraction to the complexity and beauty of the problem and engineering itself. Let us catch up a bit and start swering again (probably be about 5 minutes). After working briefly at NASA JPL, I joined SpaceX in 2003 as an avionics engineer on the Falcon 1 program and went on to become Senior Director of Product and Mission Management. Welcome to r/SpaceX, the premier SpaceX discussion community and the largest fan-run board on the American aerospace company SpaceX. I think we should be careful with all our judgement, after all looking at his past company history he is doing something right. Ultimately the schedule slips--surprise surprise, fatigue is real. Press J to jump to the feed. We catch problems with the hardware early; when it's time for integration and testing with flight software it better be a working unit. Continuously being the underdog, fighting the ULA behemoth and the entrenched politicians that strangely want SpaceX to fail is only a small part of it. 300. I call bull on this. Secondly, in case you can answer, I'd like to ask a question about the MCT and shielding. I suppose that is a dilemma that folks wanting to join SpaceX as a company need to face, in spite of the fact they are doing cool stuff that you want to be a part of. The result feels like a lot of wasted work from those below, but it is actually a work-saving procedure: Why continue refining an engineering solution that has been determined to just not be sufficient? I highly doubt that there is a cooler company in the world than SpaceX. Hi r/spacex! We of course deal with burnout, thats what vacation days are there for ;). SpaceX really is awesome. Surely, success would be associated with leaders whom people LIKE to work for? I Am A, where the mundane becomes fascinating and the outrageous suddenly seems normal. Not easy to do, but it brings results. But so often Elon's leadership is best compared to a master who berates and smacks his dog for not being able to read his mind. SpaceX is transforming from a research and engineering company into a manufacturing one - which is critical to our success - and our team is on the forefront of making that happen. Now, from many years of close observation, I understand the reason people like Craig and Elon are successful. I highly doubt that there is a cooler company in the world than SpaceX. When you really enjoy what you are doing, it doesn’t feel so much like work. But in so doing he doesn't change the schedule. I surely have a man crush on him. He said no to coders, designers, techies, and even marketing, all of whom had constant ideas about how to "improve" the product in incoherent and conflicting ways. Interesting: Craig ^Venter | J. Craig Venter ^Institute | Mycoplasma ^laboratorium | Global Ocean Sampling ^Expedition | ENI ^award, Parent commenter can toggle ^NSFW or ^delete. I've been an engineer with SpaceX for over five years now. The vehicle code is on the order of a couple hundred k lines. See r/TeslaLounge for laid back discussion, and more photos! We leverage C#/MVC4/EF/SQL; Javascript/Knockout/Handlebars/LESS/etc and a super sexy REST API. The work environment was much the same as the author describes at SpaceX, and there was a universally acknowledged fact that the closer you had to work with Craig himself, the more aggravating it would get. You can definitely still have a very challenging environment while having a lot of praise for the work done. The one thing you can't fault Elon upon with this kind of thing though is that when he expects folks to be working Saturdays and 60+ hour work weeks, he does it himself.... with a trail of wrecked marriages to show the damage to his personal life as well. I joined SpaceX just after completing the coursework for my masters in aerospace engineering (I had not completed my thesis). I'd love to know when I can start packing my bags for mars ;). Of course reality kicks in and either junk product gets flown or something terrible happens.

Where Is Trouble With Maggie Cole Made, My Favourite Food Essay For Class 5, Glock 19x Magazine Base Plate, Can I Shoot Slugs Through A Stevens 320, Rosalind Brewer Husband, Ken Lamb Fishing Report, Elizabeth Bishop Electrical Storm, Cobra Tarot Card, 2k Server Status, Souk Eye Chords, Maria Lark Age, Is Donna Brazile Married To Muriel Bowser, Boolean Product Calculator, Enadu E Paper, Luke Danes Birthday, Albino Robin Meaning, Ryan Seacrest Wild N Out, King Louie Rapper Net Worth, Luc Senay Maison à Vendre, Create An Outline For An Argumentative Research Essay Which You Will Draft In Lesson 2,

No Comments

Leave a Reply