I must admit I’m not big on Valentine’s Day. In Europe, it’s not that big of a deal and is just like Halloween something American that nobody is quite yet sure how to celebrate. Some go all in and buy gifts, flowers and chocolates, while others at the most might buy some box of chocolates to munch on with their girlfriend or boyfriend while watching Netflix like any other weekend. I like the idea of a date night, and seeing as I love chocolate, I’ll take any excuse to be able to indulge even more than usual in decadent chocolate desserts! 😉
This time I’ll be making this chocolate tart with berries to celebrate Valentine’s Day, but it also works great for birthdays or any day when you want to treat yourself or someone else to something special.
- Pie crust:
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1¾ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp syrup of your choice
- ¼ tsp salt
- Chocolate raspberry filling:
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 140 g dark chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup raspberry jam
- fresh berries
- Preheat the oven at 175°C. Mix shredded coconut and almond flour in a food processor. Melt the coconut oil and add it to the food processor along with syrup. Pulse to a crumbly mixture that sticks together when you squeeze it between your fingers.
- Press the mixture into a pie form the size of approx. 18–20 cm diameter (or in tartelette forms) and bake in the oven for about 10–15 min until they're golden and firm. Let cool completely.
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil in a small pot, remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate. Leave for a minute and then stir to a smooth chocolate cream. Add the raspberry jam and stir to combine.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the pie crust and let cool for 20 min. Garnish with berries and let cool completely until the chocolate filling is firm.