Even if the summer is quickly fading away it’s still possible to have a BBQ outside on a sunny day. These vegetable stacks are a great and simple lunch or dinner that I love to make!
They’re delicious on their own, but you can also pair them with any other dish you have planned for the BBQ, like roasted potatoes or vegetable patties.
For the filling, you can opt for either hummus or baba ghanoush, whichever is your favorite! 😉
- 1 eggplant
- 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 6 portabello mushrooms
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp chopped dill
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- salt & peppar
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 cups hummus/baba ghanoush
- Cut the eggplant, bell peppers and zucchini in thick slices. Carefully remove stems and gills from mushrooms keeping them whole. Place the vegetables and mushrooms in an oven tray.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, thyme, dill and parsley in a bowl and pour the marinade over the vegetables and mushrooms. Let marinate for 1 hour.
- When the grill is medium hot, place the vegetables and mushrooms on a foil on the grill, cover and let cook until soft, about 20–25 minutes.
- Spread a thick layer of hummus on the inside of the mushrooms and stack the vegetables on top in a stack. Enjoy!