Halloween is coming up, and it’s time to start decorating the home with spider web, crawling creatures and other scary stuff – not to mention planning the Halloween snacks!
There are so many creative treats you can make for Halloween, but so far these pretty little “graveyards” with creamy chocolate mousse oreo “dirt” and biscuit gravestones are my favorite.
They were super fun to make, and absolutely delicious!
Let me know if you try them out, would love to hear your thoughts about them 🙂
- 100 g / 3.5 oz dark chocolate
- 1 cup non-dairy whipped cream
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oreo cookies
- 4 white cookies
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 20 g / 0.5 oz chocolate, melted
- For decoration: tiny flowers, optional
- Chop 100 g chocolate finely and transfer to a bowl. Bring the cream to a boil and then pour oven the chocolate. Leave for a minute and then stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Add cocoa, icing sugar and vanilla extract and let cool completely in the fridge. Whip with an electric mixer to a fluffy mousse and divide the mousse in 4 glasses, about 3/4 up.
- Remove the white cream filling on the oreos and crush the cookies in a plastic bags to crumbles. Melt 20 g chocolate. Dust some icing sugar on the white cookies and shake it off so only a thin layer remains.
- Use the melted chocolate to write "RIP" on the white cookies (I used a toothpic!), pour the crushed oreos in a thick layer on top of the mousse, stick the white cookies half way down and serve with some tiny flowers!