Sometimes the simple meals are the ones we love the most, like a comforting pasta dish with a delicious mince sauce. I love to make this recipe on weekdays whenever I’m yearning for some comforting foods that are easy and quick to make, and it usually hits home with kids too which is great if you have a picky one at home ;).
There are lots of different types of vegan mince brands today, so for this recipe, just use the one you have at home and prepare it according to the instructions on the package.
- spaghetti for 4 ppl
- 500 g/17.5 oz veggie mince (such as soy or seitan)
- ½ celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup red wine
- 450 g/16 oz crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsk peppar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Sauté mince, celery, carrots and onion in a bit of oil over medium heat until the carrots soften, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for another two minutes, then add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with pasta and garnish with basil.