Finally raspberries are plentiful and cheap at the markets, and some lucky ones (not me unfortunately) are even able to enjoy their own fresh raspberries from their garden for free!
I had a bunch of raspberries at home that I wanted to do something more with than just eat raw or have on my breakfast porridge, so I decided to use them in these cookies, along with lemon – which is a perfect combination and lovely to enjoy with the afternoon tea, or “fika”, as we call it in Sweden (it’s a very important cultural tradition in Sweden to have fika, preferrably on a daily basis).
Have a wonderful Sunday, and enjoy it to the fullest!
- 1 tbsp crushed flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, soft
- 1/4 cup non-dairy cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 300 g fresh raspberries (frozen work as well)
- zest from 1/2 a small lemon
- Preheat the oven at 175°C/350F. Whisk flax seeds with water in a bowl and set aside. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix coconut oil, non-dairy cream cheese and sugar in a separate bowl and add the flax seeds. Add the flour mixture and lemon zest and work into a dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls with your hands, flatten them and fold in a few raspberries into each ball. Roll them again, place on a baking sheet and flatten a little bit with your palm. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.