I have a thing for Japanese cuisine at the moment – Teriyaki sauce in particular, I love how versatile it is!
This recipe is super easy and so delicious, I used a brand called Oumph, but you can use whatever soy meat or seitan you like. 🙂
Teriyaki marinated soy meat:
- rice for 4 people
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 package soy meat/seitan of your choice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Whisk together the marinade in a deep bow, all the soy meat and let marinate for at least 30 minutes, preferrably longer. Mix half way through.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Fry the soy meat in a frying pan in the marinade until golden and the liquid has evaporated. Serve in bowls on top of rice, garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds and enjoy!