Whenever I don’t feel like cooking, I often resolve to roasted vegetables. They require very little effort, most of the job is done passivley in the oven and the result is both healthy, cheap and super tasty.
What more can one wish for?
This is my favorite combination of roasted veg and juicy sauce; tangy, sweet and salty at the same time.
You can use whatever rice you prefer, but Thai rice is so delicious and every time I have it I start longing back to the amazing vegan-friendly restaurants in Chiang Mai. I really should start cooking more Thai food…
- 1 parsnip
- 3 beetroots
- ½ butternut squash
- 2 carrots
- 1 fennel
- olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 cup red thai rice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- soy sauce, to taste
- ½ bunch parsley and chives
- Cook the rice according to instructions on the package. Preheat the oven at 190°C/375F
- Rinse, peel and cut the root vegetables in medium sized cubes. Transfer to a bowl and add olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Spread the vegetables on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for abour 40–45 minutes until they're tender. Turn them over half way through so that they get roasted on all sides and to prevent them from getting burned.
- Whisk vinegar, garlic, salt and soy sauce in a bowl. Serve the cooked rice with root vegetables, drizzle the sauce on top and garnish with parsley and chives.